Why I hate New Year's Resolutions



I hate New Year's Resolutions. 

Don't get me wrong, I am happy for anyone making plans and setting themselves goals, but I just do not understand, why everyone needs to wait for a new year to do so. You can make resolutions every month, week or day. You can set yourself goals whenever you want. So instead of thinking about resolutions on New Year's Eve, I have my goals set up all the time. But because it always feels like a new start for many people (and I get that, too), I wanted to share my goals for the next months with you. Maybe it helps you get motivated as well.








1. I want to be really organized throughout my exams. 

Although I already got a little better at this, I'm trying to feel less stressed out during the next two months where I have to learn a lot. So I already started learning for one of my exams and I am feeling better already. My masters degree is really important to me, so I want to make sure I don't get lazy. I mean, there are less than two years to go, so I should really get organized soon. The last time it was really hard for me to keep up with the blog, uni, my personal life and my workouts. But this time I want to blog on the weekends, learn and work during the week and go to the gym two times a week. I already made a schedule and I am hoping that I can stick to it.









2. I want to be more relaxed when something didn't go as planned. 

Do you know that feeling? You had a plan all set up in your head. You wanted to eat waffles so badly and then you get home and there are no eggs in the fridge? And it is sunday and the supermarket is closed? And out of a sudden you get really frustrated, even though it is just about waffles? Yes, I am that person. The person freaking out when something didn't work out as I imagined. I really don't want to be like that, but it is not that easy to change your character I guess. But as we say in Germany: "Awareness is the first step for recovery". So, I am aware. And bananas work as egg replacement, by the way (really wanted waffles).








3. I want to invest more into my flat/furniture and my future. 

Maybe this sounds reeeaal cheesy, but I feel older now. Since I have turned 24 I am realizing I'm not a teenager anymore (even though I feel like it A LOT). Instead I face all the struggles of adult-life. When my parents were my age, they were already married, my father was about to land his first job (which he is still working in) and they planned to buy a house and save up money for their unborn children. I struggle with the thought of paying 80 bucks a year for household insurance (Still not having one). So maybe this is the year to get my financial future straight and get a home loan and savings contract. But maybe I spend all my money on a designer bag instead. Who knows #priorities









OUTFIT DETAILS

Coat - Paul Costelloe (similar style)
Jeans - Levi's
Sneaker - Adidas
Handbag - Louis Vuitton Pochette Métis
Twilly - Hermès



It was so freaking cold in the end, I really needed a scarf:




SHARE:

Keine Kommentare

Kommentar veröffentlichen

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig